Houston Texans – Lions
TV: CBS Sports Network, Noon ET
– Detroit still has enough talent around quarterback Matthew Stafford to improve this season.
– The Texans are coming off a home loss to the Titans in Week 2 and will look to solidify their position near the top of the AFC South.
Lions return man Jamal Agnew makes his preseason debut and looks to make an impression as the fill-in for Golden Tate, who was signed as a free agent in the offseason. Tate is the only receiver who will play against the Texans.
Last week – Traded for wide receiver Nate Burleson, a former Pro Bowler, while signing holdout tackle Riley Reiff
– Had little trouble beating up on the Tennessee Titans for a lopsided score (45-14)
– Will need to slow down Jadeveon Clowney and Whitney Mercilus if they are in Detroit.
Last week – Upended the Titans, holding the Titans without a touchdown until the end of the first half, 36-10
– Should be closer to challenging the Bears in the AFC North this season
– Will look to help rookie QB Deshaun Watson build some momentum, knowing that veterans Brock Osweiler and Tom Savage will share the ball.
PURPLE AND GOLD
Lions: WR DeAndre Hopkins
Lions: WR Marvin Jones
Lions: RB LeGarrette Blount
Texans: WR DeAndre Hopkins
Texans: G Xavier Su’a-Filo
Texans: WR Will Fuller
PHOTO: FILE – Houston Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins celebrates after catching a touchdown against the Baltimore Ravens during the first half of an NFL football game in Houston, Monday, Sept. 26, 2016. (AP Photo/Eric Gay)